We’re officially one week out from the release of New Yorked, so it’s time to round up some relevant links.
- This prize for this month’s flash fiction smackdown at LitReactor is a custom New Yorked umbrella.
- Also at LitReactor, New Yorked will be the July book club selection.
- Dan J. Fiore reviewed it and praised the “teeth-cracking prose,” which I am just swooning over.
- And Angel Colon reviewed it at My Bookish Ways, calling it a “kinetic and stubbornly dirty story of love, betrayal, and loss.”
- The book is already showing up on doorsteps and bookshelves—including in The Mysterious Bookshop, McNally Jackson, and Barnes & Noble stores around the city. If you see the book in a store, and take a picture, and post it to social media, I’ll thank you in the acknowledgements of the second book, City of Rose, due out next year!
- The release party is next week at The Mysterious Bookshop. You can get more details and RSVP here (and if you haven’t bought the book yet, if you could wait and pick it up at the party, I’d be much obliged, as would the store).
- You can also win a custom New Yorked umbrella AND a copy of the book by adding the book to your “want to read” shelf on Goodreads. Do that here. My publisher will pick a winner from that list on Monday, June 8.
- Remember, the best way to help an author is to leave an honest review on Amazon and/or Goodreads. Amazon is now open to reviews, so if you read the book and you’re open to it, I’d appreciate it if you would consider leaving your thoughts there. It really helps with discoverability and retail promotions.